Did you know that the average amount of visual and creative assets accumulated in a company is 164 terabytes? Maybe your company has not reached such a massive level, but perhaps it already is more considerable than you think ... and it will continue to grow.
How much time do you waste looking for a logo in the right size and format? Do you have long debates questioning whether the color of a background is #fb516 or #fb518? Do you lose all morning trying to give access to some videos that need to be reviewed?
A gigantic chaos linked to the organization of a company’s media assets… even more so when those materials also affect the products that are created, distributed or sold through the company. The solution consists of a single word: centralization. An intelligent and efficient central repository that allows you to save, edit and recover any digital asset. Because a file is not just a file, but an element connected to dozens of other elements, departments, external collaborators, past and future marketing campaigns...
Discover the 10 benefits of adopting a Digital Asset Management system:
- Metadata: A DAM software does not only keep track of files — it stores enriched and embedded information about each one: origin, copyright, technical specifications, associated keywords... This metadata is easily accessible, and you can customize the metadata fields and the permissions applied to read or modify them.
- Harmonization: A Digital Asset Management solution ensures that all members and departments involved in a company have the sameupdated asset versions. Since it is possible to track the updates and history of each file in real time. there won’t be any mismatches between headquarters or countries that use outdated files.
- Advanced search: In a simple storage system you can only search for files by name, date and little else. With a DAM the searching process is more specialized and saves you time: associated keywords, categories and subcategories, collections and all the filters you can imagine.
- Better security and encryption: A DAM software ensures that the files are protected in your storage center and in all channels they are sent through. Say goodbye to FTP and add enterprise level encryption protocols and other functions such as a watermark in visual assets.
- Controlled access: When something changes, you will know who has done it. A DAM registers all administrators and members with read-only or edit access, and other security measures such as two-step authentication.
- Content backups: If a change is wrong or you need to go back to an older version, there is no problem. The Asset Management system saves not just a file’s history, but all previous versions of it, which can be recovered at any time.
- Savings: Three key points — costs, resources and time. A DAM achieves faster processes, reduces the time-to-market for a product’s launch and improves team coordination thanks to its centralized portal, which adapts to a company of any size, with scalable functions.
- Consistent brand image: Thanks to the centralization, the visual assets used in all your channels and platforms will be the same and up to date. This has a profound impact on the company’s brand image, which will be more professional and harmonious across all its images, logos, fonts...
- Plugins: A good DAM system does not end with the management of digital assets — it adds analytics, eCommerce integration, photo and video editing, automated editing/creation workflows, format conversion, connection to other cloud storages...
- Connection to other management software: If your company sells or distributes products, you will not only want to have your product images stored in folders, but also to be able to integrate those assets throughout the product content network. That's why DAM can work along with other product management software, such as a PIM or Product Information Management system.
In Sales Layer, our PIM includes Digital Asset Management system functionalities and we connect the PIM with any storage system and library of images and videos used by your company. Should we help you to have everything organized from now on? Contact us now for a personalized consultation.